Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

improv

Steak and mexican street corn

4 posts in this topic

I was craving this meal all weekend at the beach (minus the corn... that was surprisingly good looking, as well as these choice strips, so I sprung on both today on our return into town). I haven't made this style of corn (slathered in mayo with chili pepper, garlic salt, and lime) for quite some time and It. Is. Awesome. Complimented the lump-charred steak perfectly. And the cucumber salad was really tart, so it cut all the richness.

VNAwn5H.jpg

07YNFaH.jpg

56xr3kr.jpg

ObMBefh.jpg

Corn looks great we do it all the time here at home. Wife is not Mexican but is hispanic and she lightly dusts it with cheese on occasion.

Your gasser looks a bit sad being relegated to charcoal (lump) chimney holder.

Your gasser looks a bit sad being relegated to charcoal (lump) chimney holder.

That's what a kamado will do.

I refuse to refer to my lovely EP-330as "the gasser"... the Silver A maybe, but I won't disrespect the 330 like that. :P

I haven't resorted to storing charcoal grill parts in the Genny, either. But I do use it to keep meats warm while fiddling with coals (hopefully shouldn't need to do much more of that after my mods). It's also good for veggies and other things where I haven't quite figured out whole-meal timing yet on the kamado. Late night dogs and such. Yeah, she's probably a little pissed off at me right now. :lol: