Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan F

Repair/Replace Question: Jenn-Air 750-0165

7 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

Been a member of this forum since 2006, when I purchased the subject grill from Lowe's to drop into my new BBQ island. The grill has given me lots of enjoyment over the years, but it's at the point now where it's failing in some areas. See the pix I have attached.

post-1216-0-06736100-1493147645_thumb.jpg

post-1216-0-95963300-1493147748_thumb.jpg

For example my sear burner and the accompanying gas knob no longer function, one of the main burners has a hole in it causing flame to shoot out, and the smoker baffle cover is decaying.

Another piece of information is that we will be selling our home about this time next year. Part of me would like to replace the grill inexpensively, so that I can get further enjoyment out of a new grill prior to our home sale. I have looked briefly at this grill, which has much of the capability of my current grill (sear and rotisserie burners, and 4 main burners).

http://www.homedepot.com/p/KitchenAid-4-Burner-Built-in-Propane-Gas-Island-Grill-Head-in-Stainless-Steel-with-Searing-Main-Burner-and-Rotisserie-Burner-740-0781/204268053

However I am not 100% sure the KitchenAid will fit in my existing island. Cutout dimensions are about 1" deeper and 2" wider. I posted this question on Home Depot's website and a NexGrill CSR replied "It sounds like your island will accommodate this grill!" but I am not so sure.

Is there another option of replacing some of the parts that no longer function? If so how would I go about doing that?

Any other options?

Thanks for your time,

Dan

Don't know much about your grill but a quick look on the Appliance Factory webpage some parts are available.

I would think finding an ecact match for the cutout in your island would be a crapshoot. Think you would have to do some trim work.

On another note I have used the Appliance Factory in the past when ordering parts with grills I have tinkered with and each time it was a good experience.

You might also try grillparts.com. If I were trying to match an opening, I would go to bbqguys.com. They have a lot of grill heads and they provide a lot of documentation on each one. You could possibly find a exact or very close fit.

The best prices for parts are on amazon. do a search on jenn air parts. you want to measure and make sure it is the same part. These are aftermarket, but they will work. Are your burners cast iron or stainless. Check the model number is it 750-0165 or 720-0165?

see this : https://smile.amazon.com/BBQ-funland-SH1231-Stainless-Jenn-air/dp/B013NO4Z0K/ref=sr_1_8?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1493251809&sr=1-8&keywords=Jenn-Air+grill+parts

and this: https://smile.amazon.com/BBQ-funland-CB6301-Replacement-Charbroil/dp/B01J7LFDOA/ref=sr_1_26?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1493251923&sr=1-26&keywords=Jenn-Air+grill+parts

You may have to replace 3 burners and keep the best old one to use the second item. You could also search further in amazon to find just one burner. I just checked these out quickly

The best prices for parts are on amazon. do a search on jenn air parts. you want to measure and make sure it is the same part. These are aftermarket, but they will work. Are your burners cast iron or stainless. Check the model number is it 750-0165 or 720-0165?

see this : https://smile.amazon.com/BBQ-funland-SH1231-Stainless-Jenn-air/dp/B013NO4Z0K/ref=sr_1_8?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1493251809&sr=1-8&keywords=Jenn-Air+grill+parts

and this: https://smile.amazon.com/BBQ-funland-CB6301-Replacement-Charbroil/dp/B01J7LFDOA/ref=sr_1_26?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1493251923&sr=1-26&keywords=Jenn-Air+grill+parts

You may have to replace 3 burners and keep the best old one to use the second item. You could also search further in amazon to find just one burner. I just checked these out quickly

Thanks bten. My manual says: "MODEL #s: 740-0165 (LP) / 750-0165 (NG)", and my grill run on Natural Gas, so that's where I came up with the number. It looks like the 720-0165 is not a built-in model, but I could be wrong.

The burners appear to be cast iron and the manual describes them as "Main Cast Burners" so I am pretty sure they are. I'm also gonna give Nexgrill a call - I believe they are TGS now?

You need to make sure you have correct model number. Jenn air made 109 models icw this places webpage

www.appliancefactoryparts.com/gasgrillparts/brands/jenn-air/750-0165.html

The link is for the grill in title of your post.

If not your model number back out of that page and search for your model.

Note this site has parts schematic for each model which comes in handy when getting noun name to search else where.

Thanks vanole. So that confirms I had the right model number as the schematic in your link matches my built-in. I also talked to Nexgrill/TGS today and they were quite helpful. If I were confident that I could figure out how to replace a few burners and other miscellaneous parts I may go that route rather than a new grill.

Any videos out there? :)