Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aklap

HD Ducane 30400040 (aka 24" Stainless)

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

The Ducane forum doesn't see a lot of action, I thought I'd give it a little :D. My wife ran across a sale at HD. They are selling this Ducane for 499.00 - regularly 699.00.

I've been consider the Weber E-310, so now I'm wondering about this Ducane. Has anyone gotten this model recently? Or have had one for awhile? I'm in WI and grill year around, I want one that won't rust :ph34r:.

I've lurking out here for sometime. Great board!! Thanks much for everyones knowledge and advice!!

Hi,

The Ducane forum doesn't see a lot of action, I thought I'd give it a little :). My wife ran across a sale at HD. They are selling this Ducane for 499.00 - regularly 699.00.

I've been consider the Weber E-310, so now I'm wondering about this Ducane. Has anyone gotten this model recently? Or have had one for awhile? I'm in WI and grill year around, I want one that won't rust ;).

I've lurking out here for sometime. Great board!! Thanks much for everyones knowledge and advice!!

aklap:

Welcome to the forum ... glad you stopped being a "lurker :ph34r: " and decided to join in the discussions.

My experience with the Ducane 3 burner is limited to looking at it at HD! :D ... and I've always had a possitive impression of the Ducane line of grills.

A quick comparison ...

Price: Ducane $499; E-310 $549

Burners: Both 3 SS burners; Ducane 36K and E-310 42K

Area: Ducane 624 in2; E-310 637 in2

Side Burner: Ducane 12K; E-310 None

Rotisserie: Ducane 10K IR, motor/rod included; E-310 None

Cabinet: Ducane All SS; E-310 SS & painted/powder coated steel

Warranty: Ducane 10yr cabinet and lid; 5yr burners, grates; 1yr Roto motor, all other parts

E-310 25yr porcelain-enameled shroud; 10yr SS burner tubes; 3yr porcelain-enameled cooking grates; 2yr porcelain-enameled flavorizer bars; all remaining parts

I find that I often use my side burner and rotisserie ... they are great fetures. The warranties are similar. Materials of construction ... Ducane - SS burners, flame tamers and grates ... E-310 - SS burners, porcelain-enameled grates and flame tamers.

If you can get past not having a "Weber" ... I'd go with the Ducane.

BG in WV

HI BG,

Thanks for the welcome, the info and doing the side-by-side for me!!

I happened to stop at a HD today. After looking at both units [actually they had a Genesis E-320]- I feel the overall construction appeared to be much better in the Weber. Even my wife [who generally doesn't pay attention to that type of stuff - at least in grills :)], agreed. She did comment on how heavy the lid was!

A Weber was not something that *I had to have*, I wasn't married to it. Heck, I just wanted a well constructed grill - from any mfg.

As we were "kicking the tires" of these bad boys, a father and son team came by. The son was looking for a grill. We found out that Dad had a Genesis too. I asked how he liked it - he said he loved it! He to fight with his wife in order to use it!! :D LOL The son said he'd been online researching the best grills in his price range. It was fun talking to them.

Since they were having the End of the Summer Promo [free assy and free propane exchange], I decided to pull the trigger on the E-320. Since it takes them 2 days to assy one, I'll have to wait until Wed. to get it. It'd probably take me twice that long before I got around to assembling it :ph34r: I could've taken the display model, but I didn't have my van cleaned out to take it home.

Thanks to the entire board for helping me make a decision!

Al

HI BG,

Thanks for the welcome, the info and doing the side-by-side for me!!

I happened to stop at a HD today. After looking at both units [actually they had a Genesis E-320]- I feel the overall construction appeared to be much better in the Weber. Even my wife [who generally doesn't pay attention to that type of stuff - at least in grills ;)], agreed. She did comment on how heavy the lid was!

A Weber was not something that *I had to have*, I wasn't married to it. Heck, I just wanted a well constructed grill - from any mfg.

As we were "kicking the tires" of these bad boys, a father and son team came by. The son was looking for a grill. We found out that Dad had a Genesis too. I asked how he liked it - he said he loved it! He to fight with his wife in order to use it!! :D LOL The son said he'd been online researching the best grills in his price range. It was fun talking to them.

Since they were having the End of the Summer Promo [free assy and free propane exchange], I decided to pull the trigger on the E-320. Since it takes them 2 days to assy one, I'll have to wait until Wed. to get it. It'd probably take me twice that long before I got around to assembling it :ph34r: I could've taken the display model, but I didn't have my van cleaned out to take it home.

Thanks to the entire board for helping me make a decision!

Al

Al:

Congrats on the new grill. Post some pictures when you get it fired up. We love pictures! :)

BG in WV

Hi,

The Ducane forum doesn't see a lot of action, I thought I'd give it a little ;). My wife ran across a sale at HD. They are selling this Ducane for 499.00 - regularly 699.00.

I've been consider the Weber E-310, so now I'm wondering about this Ducane. Has anyone gotten this model recently? Or have had one for awhile? I'm in WI and grill year around, I want one that won't rust ;).

Hello ,!

I just purchased a new ducane 3400 from a_e hardware I deliberated forever between this model and a weber q 320,I hope i made a good choice amazon customers absolutely squueel with enthusiasum w/ the q series . I cant seem to find any posts here. I need to run for now grilled some burgers last night real quick before a storm here in central wis... worked great so far. I have a whole(cut up of course) pig in the freezer as well as a side of beef from local butcher... Had to do some conviceing to the mrs to invest $850.00 on meat and another $350.00 on a freezer but i dont see prices going down :( so thought it was worth it , i will post more as i use the new Ducane. If not happy I'll sell it and try a q320 though...Thanks all!!! ;)

James~

Hello ,!

I just purchased a new ducane 3400 from a_e hardware I deliberated forever between this model and a weber q 320,I hope i made a good choice amazon customers absolutely squueel with enthusiasum w/ the q series . I cant seem to find any posts here. I need to run for now grilled some burgers last night real quick before a storm here in central wis... worked great so far. I have a whole(cut up of course) pig in the freezer as well as a side of beef from local butcher... Had to do some conviceing to the mrs to invest $850.00 on meat and another $350.00 on a freezer but i dont see prices going down ;) so thought it was worth it , i will post more as i use the new Ducane. If not happy I'll sell it and try a q320 though...Thanks all!!! ;)

James~

Hello James

Glad to have you on board. if I read your post right it was between a Weber Q and the Ducane 3400.

There is really no comparison between the two. The Ducane is more versatile and will allow you to do many more things.

Three burners come in handy when you are trying to do indirect cooking. The SS grates are easy to care for and it is an all around good grill. If you would like to see more right ups on it just go to the Ace website and read what the owners say. The 3100 is the leading selling grill at Ace

Does anyone still have their HD Ducane 30400040 (aka 24" Stainless) that I can purchase? If so, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0