Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy Goat

Smokey Mountain Great Outdoors Smoker

10 posts in this topic

All:

Stopped at Wally World [Walmart] this morning, and saw this on the shelf ...

This smoker is almost identical to my BBQ Grillware vertical LP smoker ... which I love!

At $99.96 ... what a deal.

BG in WV

All:

Stopped at Wally World [Walmart] this morning, and saw this on the shelf ...

This smoker is almost identical to my BBQ Grillware vertical LP smoker ... which I love!

At $99.96 ... what a deal.

BG in WV

BG,

Is that a close-out? I ran over to my local Walmart and they don't have any, salesman said they had cleared out some inventory of smokers in December. I'll check online, I would be interested in buying this one if possible as the one I'm attempting to build is on hold for another couple of months (work is again to hectic for any free personal time) :lol:

Is it ss, sheetmetal or cast plates? NG possible or only LP?

Mike

BG,

Is that a close-out? I ran over to my local Walmart and they don't have any, salesman said they had cleared out some inventory of smokers in December. I'll check online, I would be interested in buying this one if possible as the one I'm attempting to build is on hold for another couple of months (work is again to hectic for any free personal time) :lol:

Is it ss, sheetmetal or cast plates? NG possible or only LP?

Mike

Mike ...

Normal price ... my Wally World had just gotten their "grill shipment" ... so they were loaded.

It is painted steel ... but I seasoned mine with oil, and it has not rusted at all. The burner is brass. It is LP ... but I see no reason why you couldn't convert to NG just by removing the regulator.

BG in WV

Mike ...

Normal price ... my Wally World had just gotten their "grill shipment" ... so they were loaded.

It is painted steel ... but I seasoned mine with oil, and it has not rusted at all. The burner is brass. It is LP ... but I see no reason why you couldn't convert to NG just by removing the regulator.

BG in WV

BG,

Okay, I used my coffee break to check out Walmart this morning (actually, I was across the street at HD getting some electrical supplies for a shop office I'm building), I'm using my lunch break to talk now - so, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to check out the other two (we have three stores pretty close to me). Hopefully one of the two will have one in stock. Tonight Patty and I are going to a Home Show after dinner. No time for shopping.

Thanks, Goat!

Mike

BG,

Okay, I used my coffee break to check out Walmart this morning (actually, I was across the street at HD getting some electrical supplies for a shop office I'm building), I'm using my lunch break to talk now - so, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to check out the other two (we have three stores pretty close to me). Hopefully one of the two will have one in stock. Tonight Patty and I are going to a Home Show after dinner. No time for shopping.

Thanks, Goat!

Mike

Mike ...

Lowes has my BBQ Grillware Vertical LP Smoker in it's 2008 Grill Guide ... Item # 274668.

I had to special order mine from my local Lowes store last year, but it only took 2 days to come in. I looked on-line at www.lowes.com, and couldn't find it ... so I don't have a price for you. I paid $99.

BG in WV

Mike ...

Lowes has my BBQ Grillware Vertical LP Smoker in it's 2008 Grill Guide ... Item # 274668.

I had to special order mine from my local Lowes store last year, but it only took 2 days to come in. I looked on-line at www.lowes.com, and couldn't find it ... so I don't have a price for you. I paid $99.

BG in WV

Thanks, I had thought yours was more like $200.00. Given the same price, I'd rather buy Lowes!

Mike

Thanks, I had thought yours was more like $200.00. Given the same price, I'd rather buy Lowes!

Mike

Mike ...

Stopped at Walmart yesterday, and took the following pictures ...

The price is now $138.96.

The SMGO Smoker is actually a bit wider than my BBQ Grillware ... but not as deep [better for ribs, not as good for whole turkeys]. Mine has 4 shelves and a SS drip pan ... the SMGO has an enameled pan and 3 shelves.

BG in WV

Mike ...

Stopped at Walmart yesterday, and took the following pictures ...

The price is now $138.96.

The SMGO Smoker is actually a bit wider than my BBQ Grillware ... but not as deep [better for ribs, not as good for whole turkeys]. Mine has 4 shelves and a SS drip pan ... the SMGO has an enameled pan and 3 shelves.

BG in WV

BG,

Thanks! I'm in limbo on purchasing one of these - my heart is so set on building my own, and I feel that if I buy then that would kill any hope of my own custom unit going anywhere. Very similar design, but shorter, though wider and deeper (yea - gotta get full rib racks fitted in there)! :)

That price is actually more than my unassembled parts would cost. I have most of what I would need for the carcase (304 ss sheet metal, hardibacker, and ss hinge hardware) laying around in my shop. Basically I only need to purchase the burner, some venting material, thermometers and thermal glass (possibly - I was thinking of a viewing door).

Hmmmmmmmm.............. So many projects, so little time........ sigh........

Mike

BG,

Thanks! I'm in limbo on purchasing one of these - my heart is so set on building my own, and I feel that if I buy then that would kill any hope of my own custom unit going anywhere. Very similar design, but shorter, though wider and deeper (yea - gotta get full rib racks fitted in there)! :)

That price is actually more than my unassembled parts would cost. I have most of what I would need for the carcase (304 ss sheet metal, hardibacker, and ss hinge hardware) laying around in my shop. Basically I only need to purchase the burner, some venting material, thermometers and thermal glass (possibly - I was thinking of a viewing door).

Hmmmmmmmm.............. So many projects, so little time........ sigh........

Mike

Might you buy this one for your shop (business expense to be sure) and make your custom one for your home. The best of both worlds for a deserving guy.

Shelly

Might you buy this one for your shop (business expense to be sure) and make your custom one for your home. The best of both worlds for a deserving guy.

Shelly

Shelly,

Yea, sure. Move the bbq enterprising activities to my already over booked shop schedule! My customers would love to come looking for their cabinetry and find me out back smoking a few racks of ribs instead of working on their stuff! :)

Then again, a smoker doesn't require a lot of attention while it's doing it's thing....................

Mike