Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Pugwinkle

Homemade Stainless Steel Cleaners

6 posts in this topic

I did a google search for homemade ss cleaners. I found this info. Has anyone tried these things to clean their ss grills?

Vinegar. To clean and polish stainless steel, simply

moisten a cloth with undiluted white or cider vinegar and

wipe clean. Can also be used to remove heat stains on

stainless steel cutlery.

Club Soda. Remove streaks or heat stains from

stainless steel by rubbing with club soda.

Stainless Steel:

1) Rub with a paste of baking soda and water.

I did a google search for homemade ss cleaners. I found this info. Has anyone tried these things to clean their ss grills?

Vinegar. To clean and polish stainless steel, simply

moisten a cloth with undiluted white or cider vinegar and

wipe clean. Can also be used to remove heat stains on

stainless steel cutlery.

Club Soda. Remove streaks or heat stains from

stainless steel by rubbing with club soda.

Stainless Steel:

1) Rub with a paste of baking soda and water.

Is there some reason why 51 people have read my post but not one person gives me an answer to any of my questions I have put here on this forum?

Is there some reason why 51 people have read my post but not one person gives me an answer to any of my questions I have put here on this forum?

We have a lot more readers than members so its hard to tell who actually read this post...

I have not tried any of those, I use WD40 to clean and polish my stainless...

Bluesin

I don't have a SS grill but I know for a fact that vinegar does a great job of cleaning up grease. I've tried it on SS hoods. I've also been using it for quite some time now to wipe the oil splatters off my stove and backsplash. Baking soda works great as a cleaner because it has a bit of grit like a scouring pad but will not scratch surfaces. Vinegar and baking soda are excellent cleaning materials that are much less harmful (if at all) than the chemical cleaners sold in groceries. I use a vinegar solution for wiping off grease and as a glass/window cleaner (instead of Windex). Baking soda in combination with vinegar can also be used instead of Drano or LiquidPlumber to clean or maintain your drains. It won't "eat" your pipes like the other two.

I don't have a SS grill but I know for a fact that vinegar does a great job of cleaning up grease. I've tried it on SS hoods. I've also been using it for quite some time now to wipe the oil splatters off my stove and backsplash. Baking soda works great as a cleaner because it has a bit of grit like a scouring pad but will not scratch surfaces. Vinegar and baking soda are excellent cleaning materials that are much less harmful (if at all) than the chemical cleaners sold in groceries. I use a vinegar solution for wiping off grease and as a glass/window cleaner (instead of Windex). Baking soda in combination with vinegar can also be used instead of Drano or LiquidPlumber to clean or maintain your drains. It won't "eat" your pipes like the other two.

Thanks for he info. I use vinegar for my windows as well rather than Windex. I guess I'll give it a try on the BBQ as well. I suppose it can't hurt!

Thanks for he info. I use vinegar for my windows as well rather than Windex. I guess I'll give it a try on the BBQ as well. I suppose it can't hurt!

For ss it is hard to beat barkeepers friend for cleaning and a ss cleaner for that beautiful clean look