Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JamesL

How long does BBQ Sauce last?

11 posts in this topic

I am now making my own BBQ Sauce, which has mustard, vinegar, sugar, etc in it. If I keep this in a container in the fridge, how long can I safely keep it for?

I know you SHOULDN'T...But I've used BBQ sauce that has been opened and never put in the fridge, a year later...lol

I know you SHOULDN'T...But I've used BBQ sauce that has been opened and never put in the fridge, a year later...lol

At that vintage it might have fermented by then! :lol::)

I am now making my own BBQ Sauce, which has mustard, vinegar, sugar, etc in it. If I keep this in a container in the fridge, how long can I safely keep it for?

Probably until you have 1000 posts here. :lol:

Shelly

Probably until you have 1000 posts here. :lol:

Shelly

We've had sauce refrigerated for over six months with no problems, though I do start to think I'm tasting a vinegar taste longer than that. Not strong enough to complain, but I discard at that point and start from scratch.

Mike

My theory is that if it aint GREEN, it's good.

Hmmmmm, have you ever had quacamole bbq sauce? ;)

Mike

ogcapthumb.jpgif you gotta worry bout yer sauce goin bad.....you aint grillin enough !!! :)

My theory is that if it aint GREEN, it's good.

Hmmmmmm.....guacamole bbq. No, I haven't had that and I'm not at all sure I'd want to. I stand by my green aversion. :-)