Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

cuskit

Pigs coming to the Area!

2 posts in this topic

I just noticed this piece on a local web site (I copied the article) and have plans to visit here sometime in July. My Patty and I usually make an effort to go on several 3 day weekend excursions out to Bucks Count (a 1-2 hour ride) for our version of a short holiday. Mostly in the spring or fall, but as we were really tied up with family illness this spring, we'll try a couple of trips in July and August (usually very sticky and humid out there). I'll post our experience at this potentially good spot, I'm looking forward to trying it out. We sure don't have many good ones around here, so anything like this is a treat. I especially liked reading of the Southern Pride smoker in there kitchen, and will endeavor to get a "look see", perhaps a conversation with the owner and a pitch for the "Source" will help! :lol: The restaurant has a web site, some of those members around this area may wish to check it out: www.smokendudesbbq.com.

Anyway, here's what I copied (credit to <phillyBurbs.com> ):

"BBQ spot finds a new home in Bensalem

By BETTY CICHY

Bucks County Courier Times

Smoke'n Dudes Barbecue Co. looks a little out of place among the houses and apartments on Neshaminy Boulevard in Bensalem.

A spot that was once a gas station is now home to an oversized log cabin, complete with a pig in a chef's hat that looks down from a sign above the door. It's a new and larger location for Smoke'n Dudes, which used to be on State Road in Croydon.

The business started in 2002 when Tom Christine and his family, who make up the award-winning Smoke'n Dudes competition barbecue team, decided to open a restaurant where they could serve their food to the public. Four years later they sold the restaurant because the kitchen in Croydon wasn't large enough to accommodate their growing catering business, Tom Christine says.

Smoke'n Dudes caters everything from pig roasts and picnics to fancy white-tablecloth affairs with no sign of barbecue on the menu. Bill Christine, Tom's son, is a culinary school graduate, as are two others on the staff, so they can do more than ribs and brisket.

But it's barbecue and all the fixings that drew customers to Smoke'n Dudes in Croydon, and fans will find all their old favorites at the new restaurant that just opened in Bensalem. The menu, available for eat-in or take-out, includes hickory-smoked ribs, beef brisket, smoked rotisserie chicken and barbecued pork sandwiches, as well as burgers, wings, salads, soups and a variety of starters and sides.

A Southern Pride gas-fueled smoker capable of cooking 1,400 pounds of meat at a time holds a place of honor in the kitchen. There's a country feel in the dining room, which has knotty pine walls, red gingham tablecloths and log-frame chairs.

Smoke'n Dudes is at 3400 Neshaminy Blvd. in Bensalem. It's open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday and Tuesday through Thursday, and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. (Closed Mondays.) For information call 215-752-5500 or go to www.smokendudesbbq.com."

For your reading pleasure: Mike :(

If you are an award winning bbq team in the corpus area and are looking for sponsorship and are able to do promotional events, please contact me via pm.

Thanks, OTH