Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cuskit

Kabeef, Kapork, Kachicken, Kashrimp - Kabob!!!

5 posts in this topic

Summer season is great at home for my Patty and myself. This is because my daughter, Jodi, comes home for weekends all summer long. She lives an hours ride away in NYC, and loves to visit the Belmar Beach weekends with her friends. Lucky for us this gets her to visit us every weekend from May until the end of September. An added plus is that we get to keep her dog, my granddog, Miles - a Boston Terrier for the entire summer so that she doesn't have to lug him back and forth. And the biggest plus is that I get to grill at least one of the three weekend nights whenever she is home, most of the time she brings one or more of her friends with her. And a request for the menu! ;) Earlier today she "called" in her order - kabobs on the grill. Preferably with chicken and shrimp. I went two further - I made some with sirloin and some with pork tenderloin chunks. Oh - she also wanted some fresh Jersey corn - grilled, of course! So - off to the mart for the grocery list. Also made up some of my favorite marinade - orange zest (I'll post the ingredients on the recipe forum for any wishing to try it). It is absolutely delicious for a quick and light fare - especially for something like kabobs. Excellent with shrimp or chicken - tonight I also used it on the sirloin and pork, which also tasted delicious. A great summer delight - I urge all to try it! :)

Here's a couple shots - I'll admit to a slight downer - in the midst of the cooking, we got hit with a torrential downpour, accompanied by heavy lightening and thunder. This resulted in the meal not turning out to perfection - I did overcook the meat as I was under "duress" from the storm! Couldn't see that well, plus rushing in and out in the rain. Of course - I still managed to snap some pictures - in between rainfall, that is! ;) So........ a little overdone, but still enjoyed by Patty, Jodi and her friend, Tara. Oh - I also managed to gulp down a few - and though overdone it was still very tasty!

Just before the rain hit:

Sirloin, Chicken and Pork Kabobs:

Shrimp Kabobs:

Ready to Pull Off the Grill:

On the Platter, Ready to Serve:

Thanks for taking the time to view these. :lol:

Mike

Summer season is great at home for my Patty and myself. This is because my daughter, Jodi, comes home for weekends all summer long. She lives an hours ride away in NYC, and loves to visit the Belmar Beach weekends with her friends. Lucky for us this gets her to visit us every weekend from May until the end of September. An added plus is that we get to keep her dog, my granddog, Miles - a Boston Terrier for the entire summer so that she doesn't have to lug him back and forth. And the biggest plus is that I get to grill at least one of the three weekend nights whenever she is home, most of the time she brings one or more of her friends with her. And a request for the menu! ;) Earlier today she "called" in her order - kabobs on the grill. Preferably with chicken and shrimp. I went two further - I made some with sirloin and some with pork tenderloin chunks. Oh - she also wanted some fresh Jersey corn - grilled, of course! So - off to the mart for the grocery list. Also made up some of my favorite marinade - orange zest (I'll post the ingredients on the recipe forum for any wishing to try it). It is absolutely delicious for a quick and light fare - especially for something like kabobs. Excellent with shrimp or chicken - tonight I also used it on the sirloin and pork, which also tasted delicious. A great summer delight - I urge all to try it! :)

Here's a couple shots - I'll admit to a slight downer - in the midst of the cooking, we got hit with a torrential downpour, accompanied by heavy lightening and thunder. This resulted in the meal not turning out to perfection - I did overcook the meat as I was under "duress" from the storm! Couldn't see that well, plus rushing in and out in the rain. Of course - I still managed to snap some pictures - in between rainfall, that is! :lol: So........ a little overdone, but still enjoyed by Patty, Jodi and her friend, Tara. Oh - I also managed to gulp down a few - and though overdone it was still very tasty!

Thanks for taking the time to view these. :)

Mike

Overcooked or not, They look good enough for me. - Now I know i just need to phone in my order, and I will expect a FEDEX shippment to arrive at my door step the next morning. Thanks for the heads-up.

Emmm- what do I feel like eating tomorrow????

Hike

Here's a couple shots - I'll admit to a slight downer - in the midst of the cooking, we got hit with a torrential downpour, accompanied by heavy lightening and thunder. This resulted in the meal not turning out to perfection - I did overcook the meat as I was under "duress" from the storm! Couldn't see that well, plus rushing in and out in the rain. Of course - I still managed to snap some pictures - in between rainfall, that is! :lol: So........ a little overdone, but still enjoyed by Patty, Jodi and her friend, Tara. Oh - I also managed to gulp down a few - and though overdone it was still very tasty!

Just before the rain hit:

Sirloin, Chicken and Pork Kabobs:

Shrimp Kabobs:

Ready to Pull Off the Grill:

Thanks for taking the time to view these. :)

Mike

Damn Mike, way to maximize the grill space...and thanks for taking pics even with the rain...you are definitely hard core.....they look delicious...esp the sirloin...mmmm

I always enjoy the story that goes along with your pics....I like the taking "orders" cuz I'm the same way over here....anytime I have guests coming over...I always take their order...it makes food more enjoyable if they have a craving for something...

thanks for sharing

Nice!!!!

I love the way those came out...I'd grab all of that food and Ka-rate chop anyone in my way!