Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TWX

Regulator noise with a new tank

2 posts in this topic

I have a fairly new LP grill, and I just refilled the tank for the first time in preparation for a party today. When I started the grille up last night it worked as expected with a single burner going, but started making a buzzing noise that got progressively louder as I activated more burners. I played with the burner configuration for about ten minutes to see if different combinations and settings would change the buzzing, and as I was playing with it the noise slowly subsided and finally ceased.

I'm beginning to speculate that the propane tank was overfilled or over pressurized and that liquid propane, rather than gas, was entering the regulator. However, I'm no expert, nor can I find any more information on this site or on others about this. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I have a fairly new LP grill, and I just refilled the tank for the first time in preparation for a party today. When I started the grille up last night it worked as expected with a single burner going, but started making a buzzing noise that got progressively louder as I activated more burners. I played with the burner configuration for about ten minutes to see if different combinations and settings would change the buzzing, and as I was playing with it the noise slowly subsided and finally ceased.

I'm beginning to speculate that the propane tank was overfilled or over pressurized and that liquid propane, rather than gas, was entering the regulator. However, I'm no expert, nor can I find any more information on this site or on others about this. Any feedback would be appreciated.

TWX,

You could weigh your tank. A standard 20lb tank should weigh about 18lbs empty and about 38lbs when filled. My newly filled tank weighed 36lbs. :)