Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Poet

Royal Oak Smoker

4 posts in this topic

I bought an electric Royal Oak Smoker (box type) appliance in Jan.; overall I've been satisfied with the results I've had with it; until recently.

The heat control knob got hot, & melted the center off; the electric socket gets eltremely hot also; I'm almost afraid to plug it in it because

it might cause a fire.

Not for sure what model number it is. I have included a photo of it...

Been unable to locate any info about it on the internet; I would like to contact the company.

I can rewire it myself if I have to; it would probsably work better than it did originally

Does anyone else here have one of these Smokers? And could you post contact info for the company please?

I bought an electric Royal Oak Smoker (box type) appliance in Jan.; overall I've been satisfied with the results I've had with it; until recently.

The heat control knob got hot, & melted the center off; the electric socket gets eltremely hot also; I'm almost afraid to plug it in it because

it might cause a fire.

Been unable to locate any info about it on the internet; I would like to contact the company.

I can rewire it myself if I have to; it would probsably work better than it did originally

Does anyone else here have one of these Smokers? And could you post contact info for the company please?

I would take it back to where it was purchased. Take it with you, if you can, and demonstrate for the store manager/owner its dangerous working condition.

Why try to repair it when there are proven, reliable electiric smokers available.

Shelly

Hi Poet, welcome to the BBQ Source Forums...

Here's the number I found to Royal Oak

Royal Oak Enterprises, Inc.

1 Royal Oak Ave, Roswell, GA30076-7583

Tel: (678) 461-3200

I have never seen that smoker however there are Royal Oak products available in stores like Walmart. Did you keep the paperwork that came with it, warranty info, etc? Are you using an extension cord?. Is the plug you are plugging it into rated for the amperage that it pulls?...

Bluesin

it might cause a fire.

I bought one of these earlier this week. For Customer Service call (800) 543-5912 24 hours a day / 7 Days a week

I checked mine, the cord was warm, but not hot, I have a heavy duty extension cord on mine, it calls for a 12 to 14 gauge.

Also I didn't turn my all the way up, I went 3/4 of the way and had around 275 Deg. I will be keeping an eye on it since I see that someone has had a problem. It does have a 1 year warranty so Royal Oak should repair yours. BTW the Model number is E1609B