Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

cuskit

A Day at the Beach

9 posts in this topic

We live just five miles from the Atlantic Ocean, and a beautiful inlet. Though we have gorgeous boardwalks and sandy beaches, dogs are not allowed on them between Memorial Day and Labor Day (tourist season). Luckily, the State has dedicated a small inlet beach to dog lovers, and today our dog (Miles - Boston Terrier) got to spend a few hours at the beach. He loved it, especially with the dozens of other dogs sharing the day! :rolleyes:

Here's a few pics of Mariners Cove (doggy beach).

Mike

We live just five miles from the Atlantic Ocean, and a beautiful inlet. Though we have gorgeous boardwalks and sandy beaches, dogs are not allowed on them between Memorial Day and Labor Day (tourist season). Luckily, the State has dedicated a small inlet beach to dog lovers, and today our dog (Miles - Boston Terrier) got to spend a few hours at the beach. He loved it, especially with the dozens of other dogs sharing the day! :rolleyes:

Here's a few pics of Mariners Cove (doggy beach).

Mike

I just hate you! BTW--Who's the young thing with holding Miles?

I just hate you! BTW--Who's the young thing with holding Miles?

Hey! - At least I'm not showing pictures of tons of ribs, butts, Redneck Fries and all those other tantalizing food pics that you peddle EVERYWHERE but around here..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::)

The young girl holding Miles is one of my "adopted" daughters - Deanna. My daughter Jodi is driving the car. We only had one girl, but Jodi is such a social girl that it seems we have dozens of daughters and sons. :) A great bunch of kids! :)

Mike

Awesome Mike, glad to hear you finally took some time to relax and glad you brought the dog with you, looks like a fun day all the way around, Miles looks like he has an affinity for tennis balls that's for sure...

Bluesin

Awesome Mike, glad to hear you finally took some time to relax and glad you brought the dog with you, looks like a fun day all the way around, Miles looks like he has an affinity for tennis balls that's for sure...

Bluesin

Bluesin,

I don't have any grandchildren yet, but I feel like Miles IS sort of like one, and can only imagine how great it will be once I do (have a grandchild) if just my daughters dog can give me as much pleasure as I get out of this little pup! I mean, I have always loved dogs since I was a little kid, but because this dog is my daughters, he is just a little more special than all the rest. Incidently - we now have him full time, my daughter found it just too stressful on Miles to be constantly switching him from her home to ours as she does so much traveling for her job now. He certainly loves living with us, but does miss her terribly. He'll go into her room often and just lay on her bed. But she does come home every weekend now through September as she loves the beach with her friends. So - he does get to see her often. And he goes crazy over her each trip down here! :lol:

Miles absolutely LOVES any type of ball, but tennis balls are his favorite! Those pictured are not his - he pilfered them from other "guests" attending the day at the beach... He has unlimited energy when it comes to playing fetch. He will run until he drops, literally. He has many times been chasing a ball for hours, when on his way to retrieve it he'll just lay down and go to sleep! :)

He is also very social - he loves being around other dogs. I think this is because he spent so much time in Manhattan with my daughter taking him for daily walks in Central Park, where he encountered hundreds of other dogs every day.

And yes - the afternoon was blissful. Between spending time with Miles, my daughter and her friend, and also a couple of hours photographing the inlet, boats and jetties. I can't remember the last time I felt so relaxed as that day at the inlet!

Mike

Snap, you're not going to pretend those are recent, are you? If so, I wanna see pics of YOU in the water!

Mikey, I hope you and Miles are getting along and Jodi has been home recently. Sheila and I are taking a drive down about an hour north of Atlanta tomorrow to adopt Mia (new name) who will be joining our family permanently. She appears to look like Dante but smaller. I get me a new thread when she comes home. Very much like grandchildren, yes. And my grandsons thing so too :P .

Rich

Snap, you're not going to pretend those are recent, are you? If so, I wanna see pics of YOU in the water!

Mikey, I hope you and Miles are getting along and Jodi has been home recently. Sheila and I are taking a drive down about an hour north of Atlanta tomorrow to adopt Mia (new name) who will be joining our family permanently. She appears to look like Dante but smaller. I get me a new thread when she comes home. Very much like grandchildren, yes. And my grandsons thing so too :P .

Rich

Rich - Miles, Patty and I get along terrific! He makes our house a "home" while Jodi is away.. She lives in NY (Manhattan) but we do see here a few times each month. Actually, she just got back for a two week ski trip in Colorado, then headed out to British Virgin Islands for some sailboat island hopping for a week or so. Coming back late this week - then I drive her Honda CR-V up to Manhattan each weekend through the end of March so that she can drive up to Vermont where she and a group of friends rent a seasonal house for weekend snowboarding. So, I'll see here every weekend. I drive the SUV up, train back on Thursday nights, then reverse that on Sunday nights. Saves her coming down to Jersey after her 6 hour Vermont drive. That's what Daddy's are for! :)

mikey

... That's what Daddy's are for! :)

mikey

Yessir! Tell me about it! Even though my daughter is 38, has a great husband and two young boys, I still find myself doing the near ridiculous to help her out. :rolleyes:

As a wonderful crochet is saw once said: "Daughters are Forever"!

Rich