Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Ronald

In search of the perfect Hotdog

142 posts in this topic

Welcome Gal that sounds like a great sauce at the risk of being to forward or personal what kinda wiener are you puttin that on :lol:

jim

It's a local wiener made by my meat market(butcher). So it's a "no name". lol Tho they are closed on Sunday and Monday....so I have sometimes resorted to the Hebrew national. Ty for the welcome.

It's a local wiener made by my meat market(butcher). So it's a "no name". lol Tho they are closed on Sunday and Monday....so I have sometimes resorted to the Hebrew national. Ty for the welcome.

I like the Hebrews for a all around Dog I season them with "McCormick's montreal steak" roll them around on the grill and dunk them in BBQ sauce and glaze that for the kids the lean hebrews are killer old school just steam the dog and bun, with your sauce recipe I would find myself reaching for a sweet Hillshire to go with the hot sauce

jim

Hi Ronald,

Delaware was my old stomping ground, though I never made it to the Dog House. For my money, best dogs I ever ate at a dog place was at Deerhead Hotdogs, the one in Wilmington near the old Wilmington HS. Great sauce, and great fries, served up right with old bay and malt vinegar.

This thread caught my interest and having grown up in NJ, I can recall having dogs in several memorable places;

Dickie Dee's in North Ward, Newark...I went to high school for two years there and this place was across from the Public Service bus stop. Italian hot dogs fried with peppers and potatoes on pizza bread. An aquired taste!

Rutt's Hut-Clifton NJ-Another version of the deep fried dog. These are really good.

Eagan'-Belville Pike, North Arlington. Probably closed now.

The Windmill-Long Branch. When I went to Monmouth is was a college not a university and the Long Branch Windmill was their only location.

Mike, I remember a Stewart's Root Beer somewhere on Rte.33 towards Freehold. Is that the one in your picture?

Just thought I would stoke the flame of this thread!

triange - that Stewarts is just north of the Collingswood Circle on Rt 34 North. I also remember when the Windmill was just in Long Branch - we rode up there often for their dogs. I had some for lunch today - I buy them in 8 packs (Windmill) from our Super Foodtown, @ $14-$15 per package. Of course - one dog is so huge I cut them in half and make up two hot dogs for a lunch! Love how they split when ready..

the best hot dog place ever - is http://hotdougs.com/ - unfortunately I just found out this week that it will be closing in October. Boo Hoo. they were featured on Travel Channel, Food Network, and they have the most creative dogs/sausages I have ever eaten. Such a shame that they will be closing. The owner wants to move on to other non-restaurant things. And they have Duck Fat Fries on Fridays - fries fried in duck fat.