Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

yooper829

new genesis design for 2011!!!

128 posts in this topic

Ok guys and gals...this is going to change some thinking here! Brand new design for Genesis grills in 2011..there is a 310, 320 with a sideburner and now a 330 model which includes a side burner and a sear burner! I dont have alot of details yet..but here is the official description of the EP330(notice they are now listing new heat deflectors):

Weber Genesis, EP-330, Copper, LP Premium, Gas Grill, New Front Mounted Control Panel With Soft Grip Control Knobs, An Enclosed Cart With Corresponding Painted Steel Doors, Stainless Steel Handles & Accent Colored Painted Side & Rear Panels, Grills Have Accent Colored Painted Steel Frame & A Porcelain Enameled Shroud With A Center Mounted Thermometer & Accent Colored Painted Cast Aluminum End Caps, Cooking System Is Rated At 39,000 BTUs, With A 12,000 BTU Flush Mounted Side Burner & A 10,000 BTU Sear Station Burner, Includes 3 Seamless Stainless Steel Burners & Electronic Ignition System, Cooking Grates Are Stainless Steel With Stainless Steel Flavorizer Bars & New Heat Deflectors, Primary Cooking Area Measures 507 SQIN, Warming Rack Area Measures 130 SQIN, Giving A Total Cooking Area Of 637 SQIN, Include Restyled Stainless Steel Work Surfaces, 6 Tool Holders, Precision Fuel Gauge, Tank Not Included, Limited Warranty.

Sooooo...whats the thoughts on the new models?????

post-7665-1281319082_thumb.jpgpost-7665-1281319092_thumb.jpg

Some more pics...S310 and 330...new Spirit and new accessory cabinets...

post-7665-1281319700_thumb.jpgpost-7665-1281319709_thumb.jpgpost-7665-1281319720_thumb.jpgpost-7665-1281319731_thumb.jpg

Glad they got around to getting those damn knobs off the work surface and put them on the front where they belong!

Wow, anybody want my new 2010 S320 NG, still in the box and untouched? Any idea when these will be available, if not already?

Ok guys and gals...this is going to change some thinking here! Brand new design for Genesis grills in 2011..there is a 310, 320 with a sideburner and now a 330 model which includes a side burner and a sear burner! I dont have alot of details yet..but here is the official description of the EP330(notice they are now listing new heat deflectors):

Weber Genesis, EP-330, Copper, LP Premium, Gas Grill, New Front Mounted Control Panel With Soft Grip Control Knobs, An Enclosed Cart With Corresponding Painted Steel Doors, Stainless Steel Handles & Accent Colored Painted Side & Rear Panels, Grills Have Accent Colored Painted Steel Frame & A Porcelain Enameled Shroud With A Center Mounted Thermometer & Accent Colored Painted Cast Aluminum End Caps, Cooking System Is Rated At 39,000 BTUs, With A 12,000 BTU Flush Mounted Side Burner & A 10,000 BTU Sear Station Burner, Includes 3 Seamless Stainless Steel Burners & Electronic Ignition System, Cooking Grates Are Stainless Steel With Stainless Steel Flavorizer Bars & New Heat Deflectors, Primary Cooking Area Measures 507 SQIN, Warming Rack Area Measures 130 SQIN, Giving A Total Cooking Area Of 637 SQIN, Include Restyled Stainless Steel Work Surfaces, 6 Tool Holders, Precision Fuel Gauge, Tank Not Included, Limited Warranty.

Sooooo...whats the thoughts on the new models?????

post-7665-1281319082_thumb.jpgpost-7665-1281319092_thumb.jpg

Looks like they ruined it :)

I don't know. All Webers look the same to me. :)

mikey

Can't really tell if the burner layout has changed, but maybe the sear burner suggests a north-south burner orientation. All speculation though. Can the OP link to a site where they provided the description?

Finally a grill with the burner on the right hand side! And, six tool hangers!

It looks like a Weber to me!

Some more pics...S310 and 330...new Spirit and new accessory cabinets...

post-7665-1281319700_thumb.jpgpost-7665-1281319709_thumb.jpgpost-7665-1281319720_thumb.jpgpost-7665-1281319731_thumb.jpg

As long as the burners still run east to west im ok with moving the knobs to the front

Now if they did move the burners to north south i wouldnt buy one because weber already proved that the east west layout was better and for that size grill you needed 4 north south burners

As long as the burners still run east to west im ok with moving the knobs to the front

Now if they did move the burners to north south i wouldnt buy one because weber already proved that the east west layout was better and for that size grill you needed 4 north south burners

+1 Amen

Morning lady and gentlemen,

Main curiosity is the configuration of the flavorbars. If the burners run east-west (hopefully, but doubtful) and the flavorbars prove to be more efficient dispersing the grease, maybe they can be retrofitted to earlier models (highly doubtful). I tried finding further information but not to be had at this time. I did, however, find a page regarding the extension cabinets except I can't relocate it. I believe they were priced over $600 but I can't confirm it. Not cheap. They were out of stock anyways or just not available yet.

I foresee this thread becoming several pages quite rapidly.

Enjoy your day and be well,

elliot

I think it would be a safe bet to say the Genesis now has north - south burners. No way would they pop for the gas plumbing required to keep them in an east-west configuration. Judging by the spacing of the knobs, it looks like the burners are very apart, unless they have gone to some kind of u-tube arrangement or something. I like the side cart options - but they probably cost the same as the grill!

beach

I think it would be a safe bet to say the Genesis now has north - south burners. No way would they pop for the gas plumbing required to keep them in an east-west configuration. Judging by the spacing of the knobs, it looks like the burners are very apart, unless they have gone to some kind of u-tube arrangement or something. I like the side cart options - but they probably cost the same as the grill!

beach

Im going to a buyers show the end of the week...so Ill get all the scoop then and be able to look at the grills first hand. MAP pricing on the cabinetry is $499.00...but my info doesnt say if thats for both or just one! Ill be able to update you by this weekend..any other questions I need to ask from the group??

Can't really tell if the burner layout has changed, but maybe the sear burner suggests a north-south burner orientation. All speculation though. Can the OP link to a site where they provided the description?

Sorry...cant link to the site...password protected dealer site only. Not much info on there yet, but Ill know more by the weekend...