Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robamus

Last Night's Ribs...

4 posts in this topic

Well, looks like I did it... My wife is now a fan of my ribs and insists we add these to the regular menu...

Got 2 slabs of baby back ribs from the Stater Bros here. I always go to the butcher as I get exactly what I want, and it seems fresh. Nice meat department at this one.

Removed the membrane, cut them in half so they are easier to manage, and coated them with french's mustard. Added pork seasoning generously and let them sit for a while.

Got the smoker going at 275* and then added the mesquite chips that had been in soaking. I have always smoked at much lower temperatures, but after I watched that bbq TV show the other day I did some research and decided to go for 275* for 3-4 hours.

Well, they came out awesome. I would pull them off maybe 10 minutes sooner, but they just fell off the bone and were delicious.

Quick, simple, nummie. I like.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Well, looks like I did it... My wife is now a fan of my ribs and insists we add these to the regular menu...

Got 2 slabs of baby back ribs from the Stater Bros here. I always go to the butcher as I get exactly what I want, and it seems fresh. Nice meat department at this one.

Removed the membrane, cut them in half so they are easier to manage, and coated them with french's mustard. Added pork seasoning generously and let them sit for a while.

Got the smoker going at 275* and then added the mesquite chips that had been in soaking. I have always smoked at much lower temperatures, but after I watched that bbq TV show the other day I did some research and decided to go for 275* for 3-4 hours.

Well, they came out awesome. I would pull them off maybe 10 minutes sooner, but they just fell off the bone and were delicious.

Quick, simple, nummie. I like.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Crust looks dark. Is it due to the rub? Did you foil them at all?

Is that brown sugar or syrup in your rub?

If niether how did you get them that dark without burning them ?

Hey guys,

I dont know! Only mustard and McCormics pork rub.

I have NEVER seen this smoker or any of my previous smokers put out the smoke that I got on this last meal. I didnt foil or anything, never flipped them, hardly even opened the smoker. I also was really surprised at the black color as well, and kind of assumed it was all the smoke... I tried leaving the smoke box lid off as it doesn't normally put out as much smoke, but I also am usually cooking at a lot lower temperatures as well.