Welcome to the New Upgraded BBQ Source Forums. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new site, we will be customizing it for a while to get it looking as sharp as ever. 

Thanks,

Bluesin

darrenjzy

Winter Griller's?

10 posts in this topic

Just curious about how many of you grill in a foot of snow :) My current place is lacking a deck, so I have to go down to the bottom floor if I want to cook out.

Recently we have had an open fire for cooking fresh bacon and onion on toast. And a little paprika.

Well, living in central GA now I don't have to worry about that.

I did live in Iceland for 2 years and it wasn't unusual to be out in a blowing snowstorm either grilling or smoking something. I have to admit I like winter smoking better now but I wouldn't let it stop me.

One foot of snow? Hell! That's just a dusting! Last winter I had to dig DOWN two feet just to get to the TOP of my grill.....

Of course - no snow at all this year so far. What's up with that? We go from 5-6 heavy storms dumping eleven feet of snow on us to nothing and we're into February already! Okay, not complaining... B)

mikey (grills 7/365 thru rain, snow, sleet and hail). :wacko:

mikey (grills 7/365 thru rain, snow, sleet and hail). :wacko:

+1 ;)

I'll grill in any weather. This winter has been a walk in the park, though. I love the feeling of smoky hot air whooshing against your face as you crack the lid of a cook on a cold winter's day.

I just cleaned her up inside and out this glorious afternoon. Here's the view right now from my kitchen door onto the back deck. As you can see, I don't have far to shovel to get to my grill. B)

GJWck.jpg

Yeah, there are a lot of us year-round grillers here. Not so bad if you have enough sense to live somewhere that doesn't get all that yucky white stuff.

But then, some probably think hot, muggy weather is not a good thing. No accounting for taste...

We recently left NC (temporarily) to go where it's warm and where the sun feels like it means it. I find sitting on a balcony overlooking the Atlantic on Cocoa Beach quite satisfactory for the moment. :P Sure do miss my grill though.

Rich

Jersey Shore today - a balmy 68 degrees! This is the winter that wasn't! I'm loving it! Mostly not having the $3,000.00 heat bills at my cabinet shop! And I don't miss all that snow from last year! Here's a picture of my front yard last winter (yes - check out my mailbox which is 42" high):

MikeySnowYard.jpg

balmey mikey

More interesting thread. It is very evident that winter is the season for delicious dishes and for the same we need some efficient grilling experience. This conversation will bring many concerns from the users. In case of outdoor cooking I may suggest the name of BBQ Brothers as they professionals have better managed some outdoor grills for my own place. Thanks for the conversation…

I go all year too. Though sometimes I give in to creature comforts so I do have my Genesis II and my Q220 at my disposal for in the garage work. Fan in the window, a lawn chair and a martini with something good on the grill. Ahhh livin' the life :D