Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kenmore can only light 3 of 6 burners

#1 User is offline   artdog 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:18 AM

I have a large six burner kenmore gas grill that will not light more than 3 burners at any time. Any three can be lit and they all work independently. The air/propane mix is fixed (not adjustable) and all orifices are - no bugs dirt or anything.

When I try to light a 4th burner, they all go out. Sears just says that i need a new regulator which I replaced. Now they say that I need to not open the tank too quickly or all the way - not a fix.

The burners are in really good shape (phoenix is dry so little rust). All lines are clear. this is the grill: http://www.fixya.com/support/p110154-kenmo...ooking_area_gas

Any thoughts?

#2 User is offline   Old Bill 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Masters
  • Interests:
    Grilling, BBQ and smoking, Sausage making &amp; smoking, and curing and drying meat, <br /><br />Fishing, hunting, and woodworking...

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:02 PM

View Postartdog, on Apr 1 2007, 10:18 AM, said:

I have a large six burner kenmore gas grill that will not light more than 3 burners at any time. Any three can be lit and they all work independently. The air/propane mix is fixed (not adjustable) and all orifices are - no bugs dirt or anything.

When I try to light a 4th burner, they all go out. Sears just says that i need a new regulator which I replaced. Now they say that I need to not open the tank too quickly or all the way - not a fix.

The burners are in really good shape (phoenix is dry so little rust). All lines are clear. this is the grill: http://www.fixya.com/support/p110154-kenmo...ooking_area_gas

Any thoughts?

First leak check all your connections with your bottle open and all other valves closed..with soapy water..

:P Well it sounds like your bottle safety check valve to limit a tubing leak is operating because of the high volume of gas your grill is using...Everyone has to be careful not to open the LPG cylinder valve too fast with their individual burner valves open..The process to keep it from checking the flow... is to open your farthest grill valves on low then slowly open the cylinder valve not allowing the gas to flow fast enough to operate the bottle check valve...Then continue lighting burners..I have not see a grill with 6 burners but that kind of flow might get tricky to operate. If all the cylinders halt the flow you may need to limit your burner use or switch to natural gas...The manufacture should have more information for you about your problem..surely other users are having the same problem..

I would open my farthest valve on low and then open my bottle valve...then open the others one at a time on low and see if they will all burn without stopping flow..Then one at a time increase the flow on each one until they are all open or you can see at what point they all go out...Then you will know the limit..
2002 Members Mark Y0101-XC LP Grill
3 Cast Iron 18K burners
Replacement solid 304 SS-Grates
10K BTU Rotisserie
Cast Iron Grate Size Fry Pan
Installed a infrared 33k Side Burner and shelf.
Redi-Smoke electric smoker (Old Smokey)
New Braunsfel Smoker
LPG Fish fryer
Portable IR Burner (Academy)
Sausage electric smoker
Two Lower Cabinets
Added heavy duty spit and rotisserie motor for 35 lbs. of meat!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users