BBQ Source Forums: Easter Brunch Menu for 3/23/08 - BBQ Source Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Easter Brunch Menu for 3/23/08 pics will follow

#16 User is offline   cuskit 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 9,680
  • Joined: 29-December 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hang'n on the Jersey Shore
  • Interests:
    BBQ - Grilling and Smoking, of course!
    Motorcycling (motocross racing and street riding)
    Mountain bike - riding and racing
    Boating (power boat) racing and pleasure
    Fishing, hiking and camping
    Woodworking (custom furniture and built-ins)
    Woodworking equipment
    Macintosh Computers
    Animals (all wildlife), Sweet spot for Dogs
    Photography
    Bed & Breakfast Inns
    3 Day Weekends in Pennsylvania (Bucks County especially)
    And finally - Smartphone Technology (iPhone Owner) ;)

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:33 PM

View Postshelly, on Mar 23 2008, 06:39 PM, said:

But for someone like Mike, it would be chicken wings, ribs and kielbasa for every meal. :)

Shelly

Hey! What about my steak and potatoes? Don't go selling me short now! :)

Mike
"Grill der Steaks, Smoke dem Ribs and post yer Porn"
Grill Porn that is.. Remember - No Pix, It Didn't Happen!

2007 Kirkland Signature 100% 304 SS 720-0432 (Nexgrill origin)

Searing IR Burner, Rear IR Burner, 4 SS Main Burners, Side Cast Brass Burner, Oven
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2008 Kenmore Vertical Smoker, 1500BTU
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2007 Portable SS LP Grillware Tabletop Grill, 12,000BTU
2000 Weber "Go Anywhere" Charcoal Grill
Vintage 22" Weber Kettle

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Help support the BBQ Source Forums
Click here to make a donation


Lumix DMC-G5, (Lumix) 20mm f1.7 Prime, 14-42mm f3.5-5.6, 45-150mm f4.0-5.6, 100-300mm f4.0-5.6
0

#17 User is offline   wasabi999 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Masters
  • Posts: 231
  • Joined: 03-November 07

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:52 AM

Great photos as always Shelly...u sure go all out...not sure if I'm more envious of the food or the weather I see you're getting...I still have a mountain of snow on my lawn :)
Weber Genesis S-320
Favourite accessories: weber rotisserie attachment & stainless steel smoker box
Location: Ontario Canada

Favourite steak: Ribeye
Preferred doneness: inbetween rare and med-rare

Tuan
0

#18 User is offline   Billy Goat 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Masters
  • Posts: 1,947
  • Joined: 04-December 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Virginia
  • Interests:
    Family, friends, cooking, grilling and civil war reenacting.<br />Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres, Marshall Thundering Herd and WVU Mountaineers

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:19 AM

View PostOld Bill, on Mar 23 2008, 09:34 PM, said:

Well we did some White soul food...I did 18 pounds of smoked pulled pork butt in my old Smokey and ribs on the out door smoker. Cole slaw .. Pinto beans and corn bread,,, Bobbie did the rest... some Fruit filled Brie baked in fillo wraps. Plus fruit salad with banana. pineapple coconut, cherrys, apple, celery, pecans in whipped cream...and a coconut cream pie...and always some banana pudding for my boys.. my gang had a nice day watching the March madness...Will vacuum pack and freeze the pork they dont take home...lol;)

Old Bill ....

The rest of the members of the forum [I almost said guys] probably don't know the joy of pinto beans and cornbread ... a dish I have truly learned to love since I moved to WV.

BG in WV
Woman accepted cooking as a chore but man has made of it a recreation.

Jenn-Air 75K 720-0165 LP 2006
- Jenn-Air Rotisserie
- Jenn-Air Cover
- Acu-Rite Digital Meat Thermometer
- Oregon Grill-Right Wireless Thermometer
- BBQ Grillware LED Grill Light
- BBQ Grillware Barbecue Grill Light
- BBQ Grillware Rotisserie Basket
----Mods----
- Griddle/Grate Storage in LP Cabinet
- Rotisserie/Warming Rack Storage on Back
- Glenfiddich Single Malt Scotch 30 Year
- Wild Turkey Rye Whisky 101


BBQ Grillware 20K Verticle Smoker LP 2007

Quest Ultra-Sear Table Top LP January '08

BBQ Grillware 12K SS Table Top LP August '07
Given to future son-in-law January '08
0

#19 User is offline   cuskit 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 9,680
  • Joined: 29-December 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hang'n on the Jersey Shore
  • Interests:
    BBQ - Grilling and Smoking, of course!
    Motorcycling (motocross racing and street riding)
    Mountain bike - riding and racing
    Boating (power boat) racing and pleasure
    Fishing, hiking and camping
    Woodworking (custom furniture and built-ins)
    Woodworking equipment
    Macintosh Computers
    Animals (all wildlife), Sweet spot for Dogs
    Photography
    Bed & Breakfast Inns
    3 Day Weekends in Pennsylvania (Bucks County especially)
    And finally - Smartphone Technology (iPhone Owner) ;)

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:07 AM

View PostOld Bill, on Mar 23 2008, 08:34 PM, said:

Well we did some White soul food...I did 18 pounds of smoked pulled pork butt in my old Smokey and ribs on the out door smoker. Cole slaw .. Pinto beans and corn bread,,, Bobbie did the rest... some Fruit filled Brie baked in fillo wraps. Plus fruit salad with banana. pineapple coconut, cherrys, apple, celery, pecans in whipped cream...and a coconut cream pie...and always some banana pudding for my boys.. my gang had a nice day watching the March madness...Will vacuum pack and freeze the pork they dont take home...lol;)

Old Bill,

I like the "White soul food" nomiker! :)

Your menu sounds as great as can be, too many favorites for me to choose which to bite into first! One question: what are "fillo" wraps?

That dessert menu is to die for! My Patty would be yours for life should you serve her pecans in whipped cream, she lusts for pecans - and the whipped cream makes them the ultimate! Do you bake your own corn bread? I love thick slices smeared with huge slabs of fresh creamy butter!

Pictures would have been nice, but knowing how I was banned from photos Easter Sunday - I certainly can understand why not. Plus, enjoying the company doesn't leave a lot of time for camera work anyway.

How long will those vacuum packs of pork take to get shipped to my home address? :)

Mike
"Grill der Steaks, Smoke dem Ribs and post yer Porn"
Grill Porn that is.. Remember - No Pix, It Didn't Happen!

2007 Kirkland Signature 100% 304 SS 720-0432 (Nexgrill origin)

Searing IR Burner, Rear IR Burner, 4 SS Main Burners, Side Cast Brass Burner, Oven
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2008 Kenmore Vertical Smoker, 1500BTU
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2007 Portable SS LP Grillware Tabletop Grill, 12,000BTU
2000 Weber "Go Anywhere" Charcoal Grill
Vintage 22" Weber Kettle

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Help support the BBQ Source Forums
Click here to make a donation


Lumix DMC-G5, (Lumix) 20mm f1.7 Prime, 14-42mm f3.5-5.6, 45-150mm f4.0-5.6, 100-300mm f4.0-5.6
0

#20 User is offline   shelly 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Masters
  • Posts: 3,037
  • Joined: 12-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Carmel Valley, CA
  • Interests:
    Feeding Alice: A Love Story now available. Please visit my web site.

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:39 AM

View Postcuskit, on Mar 24 2008, 08:07 AM, said:

Old Bill,

I like the "White soul food" nomiker! :)

Your menu sounds as great as can be, too many favorites for me to choose which to bite into first! One question: what are "fillo" wraps?

That dessert menu is to die for! My Patty would be yours for life should you serve her pecans in whipped cream, she lusts for pecans - and the whipped cream makes them the ultimate! Do you bake your own corn bread? I love thick slices smeared with huge slabs of fresh creamy butter!

Pictures would have been nice, but knowing how I was banned from photos Easter Sunday - I certainly can understand why not. Plus, enjoying the company doesn't leave a lot of time for camera work anyway.

How long will those vacuum packs of pork take to get shipped to my home address? :)

Mike


Mike,

Phylo dough comes frozen in most markets. In the package are dozens of extremely thin sheets of dough. It comes folded and should be defrosted before trying to unfold or they will crack.

Each sheet is brushed with butter until about 6-8 sheets are combined. It is then filled with apple strudel mixture or whatever and folded, sealed and baked. The end result is a very flakey pastry shell.

As part of my diet, I have tried spraying butter Pam between sheets but this does not help them stick together and it was too messy to eat. I got better results by brushing beaten egg between the first 4 sheets and then butter Pam for another 4. It actually worked, holding together and remaining flakey.

But brushing melted butter is the best and most traditional way to treat the layers of dough.

And then there's puff pastry. :)

Hope you liked my pics.

Shelly
FE PG500 pellet grill with charbroiler
Weber 2008 Summit S-470
My Cookbook--Feeding Alice: A Love Story
**********************************
Past Grills: Tec Cherokee Fr IR, GMG DB pellet grill, Big Green Egg, UltraSear IR, Masterbuilt Smoker, Old Smokey, New Brunsfeld Smoker, Weber Genesis 1000, Sears Crossray IR, Fuego Element, Weber Kettle
0

#21 User is offline   cuskit 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 9,680
  • Joined: 29-December 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hang'n on the Jersey Shore
  • Interests:
    BBQ - Grilling and Smoking, of course!
    Motorcycling (motocross racing and street riding)
    Mountain bike - riding and racing
    Boating (power boat) racing and pleasure
    Fishing, hiking and camping
    Woodworking (custom furniture and built-ins)
    Woodworking equipment
    Macintosh Computers
    Animals (all wildlife), Sweet spot for Dogs
    Photography
    Bed & Breakfast Inns
    3 Day Weekends in Pennsylvania (Bucks County especially)
    And finally - Smartphone Technology (iPhone Owner) ;)

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:11 PM

View Postshelly, on Mar 24 2008, 11:39 AM, said:

Mike,

Phylo dough comes frozen in most markets. In the package are dozens of extremely thin sheets of dough. It comes folded and should be defrosted before trying to unfold or they will crack.

Each sheet is brushed with butter until about 6-8 sheets are combined. It is then filled with apple strudel mixture or whatever and folded, sealed and baked. The end result is a very flakey pastry shell.

As part of my diet, I have tried spraying butter Pam between sheets but this does not help them stick together and it was too messy to eat. I got better results by brushing beaten egg between the first 4 sheets and then butter Pam for another 4. It actually worked, holding together and remaining flakey.

But brushing melted butter is the best and most traditional way to treat the layers of dough.

And then there's puff pastry. :)

Hope you liked my pics.

Shelly

Shelly,

Thanks for the great description and response. I started reading and thought it was Bill posting until I got to the end - I was thinking "wow, he talks a lot like Shelly"!!! :) I'm not the real pastry buff in the family - that would be Patty. Which is why I asked - I want to be able to please her with something new! She probably knows this anyway though! :)

Loved your pics, by the way! As always......

Mike
"Grill der Steaks, Smoke dem Ribs and post yer Porn"
Grill Porn that is.. Remember - No Pix, It Didn't Happen!

2007 Kirkland Signature 100% 304 SS 720-0432 (Nexgrill origin)

Searing IR Burner, Rear IR Burner, 4 SS Main Burners, Side Cast Brass Burner, Oven
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2008 Kenmore Vertical Smoker, 1500BTU
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2007 Portable SS LP Grillware Tabletop Grill, 12,000BTU
2000 Weber "Go Anywhere" Charcoal Grill
Vintage 22" Weber Kettle

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Help support the BBQ Source Forums
Click here to make a donation


Lumix DMC-G5, (Lumix) 20mm f1.7 Prime, 14-42mm f3.5-5.6, 45-150mm f4.0-5.6, 100-300mm f4.0-5.6
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users