Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Regulator noise with a new tank noise went away after a few minutes

#1 User is offline   TWX 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:24 PM

I have a fairly new LP grill, and I just refilled the tank for the first time in preparation for a party today. When I started the grille up last night it worked as expected with a single burner going, but started making a buzzing noise that got progressively louder as I activated more burners. I played with the burner configuration for about ten minutes to see if different combinations and settings would change the buzzing, and as I was playing with it the noise slowly subsided and finally ceased.

I'm beginning to speculate that the propane tank was overfilled or over pressurized and that liquid propane, rather than gas, was entering the regulator. However, I'm no expert, nor can I find any more information on this site or on others about this. Any feedback would be appreciated.

#2 User is offline   DrtiBird 

• PipPip
  • Group: Grill Mates
  • Interests:
    '03Honda Goldwing<br />'01 Harley Ultra Classic Electra Glide<br />Bowling<br />Golf<br />Grilling

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:35 AM

View PostTWX, on Jul 4 2008, 01:24 PM, said:

I have a fairly new LP grill, and I just refilled the tank for the first time in preparation for a party today. When I started the grille up last night it worked as expected with a single burner going, but started making a buzzing noise that got progressively louder as I activated more burners. I played with the burner configuration for about ten minutes to see if different combinations and settings would change the buzzing, and as I was playing with it the noise slowly subsided and finally ceased.

I'm beginning to speculate that the propane tank was overfilled or over pressurized and that liquid propane, rather than gas, was entering the regulator. However, I'm no expert, nor can I find any more information on this site or on others about this. Any feedback would be appreciated.

TWX,
You could weigh your tank. A standard 20lb tank should weigh about 18lbs empty and about 38lbs when filled. My newly filled tank weighed 36lbs. :)
Ron/DrtiBird
Gainesville, GA

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users