Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brick smoker

#1 User is offline   swattley 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:28 AM

anyone have any ideas for a vertical brick smoker, i plan so far to build it around 30 inches wide, have a fire box on bottom with brick floor between fire box and cooking area, the cooking area will have 3 racks and a chimney out the top, so far i need to find the cast doors for both fire box and cooking area and then i can start laying the brick. i am not a mason so i will learn as i go but i think the idea should make a good low temp smoker. and i hope the brick will help maintain a steady temp. i am not planing on using fire bick in the cooking area? i am not sure if i will need to or not. any ideas would be a great help.

#2 User is offline   all.mankind101 

• PipPip
  • Group: Grill Mates

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

View Postswattley, on Sep 7 2008, 09:28 AM, said:

anyone have any ideas for a vertical brick smoker, i plan so far to build it around 30 inches wide, have a fire box on bottom with brick floor between fire box and cooking area, the cooking area will have 3 racks and a chimney out the top, so far i need to find the cast doors for both fire box and cooking area and then i can start laying the brick. i am not a mason so i will learn as i go but i think the idea should make a good low temp smoker. and i hope the brick will help maintain a steady temp. i am not planing on using fire bick in the cooking area? i am not sure if i will need to or not. any ideas would be a great help.

Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but this guy had a vision for a brick pit that most of us would just love to have in the back yard...

http://www.ibiblio.o...ack/bbq/wdh.htm

#3 User is offline   petesque 

• Pip
  • Group: Grill Mates

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

View Postswattley, on Sep 7 2008, 08:28 AM, said:

Here is mine. The design came from the book Meat Smoking and Smoke House Design. I think what you may be looking for is in that book. It has the most designs I have seen in any book. Amazon

Pete
Stonehenge
Big Baby Double Barrel
SNP
22' Weber Kettle (deceased)

#4 User is offline   bluesin 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:
    Women, Disc Golf
    Women, Smoking and Barbecuing
    Women, Training Dogs
    Women, Photography
    Women, Camping and Hiking
    Did I mention Women?

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:45 PM

Hey Pete, please try to resize the photos to 1024 x 768, it saves a bunch of space on our server and makes them much easier to view as that size fits most 17 inch monitors perfectly....

Thanks,

Bluesin

P.S. that is a killer setup, nice job!!!
Help support the BBQ Source Forums, Click here to make a donation

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users