Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Royal Oak Smoker

#1 User is offline   Poet 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

I bought an electric Royal Oak Smoker (box type) appliance in Jan.; overall I've been satisfied with the results I've had with it; until recently.
The heat control knob got hot, & melted the center off; the electric socket gets eltremely hot also; I'm almost afraid to plug it in it because
it might cause a fire.
Not for sure what model number it is. I have included a photo of it...

Been unable to locate any info about it on the internet; I would like to contact the company.
I can rewire it myself if I have to; it would probsably work better than it did originally

Does anyone else here have one of these Smokers? And could you post contact info for the company please?

#2 User is offline   shelly 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Masters
  • Interests:
    Feeding Alice: A Love Story now available. Please visit my web site.

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:35 PM

View PostPoet, on Apr 7 2009, 04:57 PM, said:

I bought an electric Royal Oak Smoker (box type) appliance in Jan.; overall I've been satisfied with the results I've had with it; until recently.
The heat control knob got hot, & melted the center off; the electric socket gets eltremely hot also; I'm almost afraid to plug it in it because
it might cause a fire.

Been unable to locate any info about it on the internet; I would like to contact the company.
I can rewire it myself if I have to; it would probsably work better than it did originally

Does anyone else here have one of these Smokers? And could you post contact info for the company please?

I would take it back to where it was purchased. Take it with you, if you can, and demonstrate for the store manager/owner its dangerous working condition.

Why try to repair it when there are proven, reliable electiric smokers available.

Shelly
FE PG500 pellet grill with charbroiler
Weber 2008 Summit S-470
My Cookbook--Feeding Alice: A Love Story
Past Grills: Tec Cherokee Fr IR, GMG DB pellet grill, Big Green Egg, UltraSear IR, Masterbuilt Smoker, Old Smokey, New Brunsfeld Smoker, Weber Genesis 1000, Sears Crossray IR, Fuego Element, Weber Kettle

#3 User is offline   bluesin 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:
    Women, Disc Golf
    Women, Smoking and Barbecuing
    Women, Training Dogs
    Women, Photography
    Women, Camping and Hiking
    Did I mention Women?

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

Hi Poet, welcome to the BBQ Source Forums...

Here's the number I found to Royal Oak

Royal Oak Enterprises, Inc.

1 Royal Oak Ave, Roswell, GA30076-7583

Tel: (678) 461-3200

I have never seen that smoker however there are Royal Oak products available in stores like Walmart. Did you keep the paperwork that came with it, warranty info, etc? Are you using an extension cord?. Is the plug you are plugging it into rated for the amperage that it pulls?...

Bluesin
Help support the BBQ Source Forums, Click here to make a donation

#4 User is offline   Mike0624 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

View PostPoet, on Apr 7 2009, 06:57 PM, said:

it might cause a fire.

I bought one of these earlier this week. For Customer Service call (800) 543-5912 24 hours a day / 7 Days a week

I checked mine, the cord was warm, but not hot, I have a heavy duty extension cord on mine, it calls for a 12 to 14 gauge.
Also I didn't turn my all the way up, I went 3/4 of the way and had around 275 Deg. I will be keeping an eye on it since I see that someone has had a problem. It does have a 1 year warranty so Royal Oak should repair yours. BTW the Model number is E1609B

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users