BBQ Source Forums: Bond bbq at Costco... - BBQ Source Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bond bbq at Costco...

#1 User is offline   casey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Mates
  • Posts: 45
  • Joined: 22-April 09

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

Just got the Costco coupon book in the mail today and they are offering a: Bond 5-burner LP Gas BBQ, 60k btu, 828 square inches cooking, 304 stainless hood... with shipping and handling for $500. I never heard of a "Bond" bbq and could not find anything about one after doing Internet searches. Does anyone know anything about this bbq?

Thanks, Casey
Casey
Old School 22" Weber ... and Weber EP310 natural gas.
0

#2 User is offline   Ronald 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 4,291
  • Joined: 30-May 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mid-Atlantic/Delmarva
  • Interests:
    Fishing, Cooking

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:54 PM

View Postcasey, on Apr 27 2009, 10:16 PM, said:

Just got the Costco coupon book in the mail today and they are offering a: Bond 5-burner LP Gas BBQ, 60k btu, 828 square inches cooking, 304 stainless hood... with shipping and handling for $500. I never heard of a "Bond" bbq and could not find anything about one after doing Internet searches. Does anyone know anything about this bbq?

Thanks, Casey

Which Costco book is this?
SUPPORT THE BBQ SOURCE

2008 Weber Spirit SP320 + Weber Cast Iron Griddle
2014 Traeger Jr Smoker
2012 Char-griller Akorn Steel Kamado
Coleman Roadtrip Sport grill
Happy owner of a Great Outdoors Ironware Gas Grill A05714W(a CFM company) retired to brother in-law



Go RavensPosted Image


Super Bowl XXXV, XLVII CHAMPIONS
0

#3 User is offline   old_grouch 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Masters
  • Posts: 377
  • Joined: 07-September 07

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:37 AM

View Postcasey, on Apr 27 2009, 10:16 PM, said:

Bond 5-burner LP Gas BBQ, 60k btu, 828 square Does anyone know anything about this bbq?


[attachment=7564:bondgrillinfo.gif]
0

#4 User is offline   casey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Mates
  • Posts: 45
  • Joined: 22-April 09

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:29 AM

View PostRonald, on Apr 27 2009, 08:54 PM, said:

Which Costco book is this?


A coupon pamphlet that came in the mail today...we get them occasionally. The coupons are valid from May 11th to I believe the 25th.

Thanks old grouch. I had found Bond Manufacturing but nothing about bbqs...just the yard stuff. Really prefer made in USA but that is becoming difficult to find unless want to spend over $1500 or more. Wonder how good this bbq with the marriage between Bond and Lucus?
Casey
Old School 22" Weber ... and Weber EP310 natural gas.
0

#5 User is offline   Ronald 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 4,291
  • Joined: 30-May 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mid-Atlantic/Delmarva
  • Interests:
    Fishing, Cooking

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:49 AM

View Postcasey, on Apr 28 2009, 08:29 AM, said:

A coupon pamphlet that came in the mail today...we get them occasionally. The coupons are valid from May 11th to I believe the 25th.

Thanks old grouch. I had found Bond Manufacturing but nothing about bbqs...just the yard stuff. Really prefer made in USA but that is becoming difficult to find unless want to spend over $1500 or more. Wonder how good this bbq with the marriage between Bond and Lucus?

Casey
As much as I love costco, I say run away from this grill.
With the current cost of 304SS there is no way this grill is all 304SS.
Do yourself a favor and buy ab EP series weber. That will get you SS internals
SUPPORT THE BBQ SOURCE

2008 Weber Spirit SP320 + Weber Cast Iron Griddle
2014 Traeger Jr Smoker
2012 Char-griller Akorn Steel Kamado
Coleman Roadtrip Sport grill
Happy owner of a Great Outdoors Ironware Gas Grill A05714W(a CFM company) retired to brother in-law



Go RavensPosted Image


Super Bowl XXXV, XLVII CHAMPIONS
0

#6 User is offline   casey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Mates
  • Posts: 45
  • Joined: 22-April 09

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

View PostRonald, on Apr 28 2009, 05:49 AM, said:

Casey
As much as I love costco, I say run away from this grill.
With the current cost of 304SS there is no way this grill is all 304SS.
Do yourself a favor and buy ab EP series weber. That will get you SS internals


Ronald,

I agree with you. I have keep coming back to the Weber. The 304ss is a major requirement that I want in a grill. The Bond grill got me curious more because of the lack of info...

Now keeping my eye out for a good deal on a Genesis.

Casey
Casey
Old School 22" Weber ... and Weber EP310 natural gas.
0

#7 User is offline   Ronald 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 4,291
  • Joined: 30-May 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mid-Atlantic/Delmarva
  • Interests:
    Fishing, Cooking

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

View Postcasey, on Apr 28 2009, 08:03 PM, said:

Ronald,

I agree with you. I have keep coming back to the Weber. The 304ss is a major requirement that I want in a grill. The Bond grill got me curious more because of the lack of info...

Now keeping my eye out for a good deal on a Genesis.

Casey

Casey
I got the Costco book today
I guess we will have to wait until 11 may to see this grill on the Costco website
SUPPORT THE BBQ SOURCE

2008 Weber Spirit SP320 + Weber Cast Iron Griddle
2014 Traeger Jr Smoker
2012 Char-griller Akorn Steel Kamado
Coleman Roadtrip Sport grill
Happy owner of a Great Outdoors Ironware Gas Grill A05714W(a CFM company) retired to brother in-law



Go RavensPosted Image


Super Bowl XXXV, XLVII CHAMPIONS
0

#8 User is offline   cuskit 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 9,675
  • Joined: 29-December 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hang'n on the Jersey Shore
  • Interests:
    BBQ - Grilling and Smoking, of course!
    Motorcycling (motocross racing and street riding)
    Mountain bike - riding and racing
    Boating (power boat) racing and pleasure
    Fishing, hiking and camping
    Woodworking (custom furniture and built-ins)
    Woodworking equipment
    Macintosh Computers
    Animals (all wildlife), Sweet spot for Dogs
    Photography
    Bed & Breakfast Inns
    3 Day Weekends in Pennsylvania (Bucks County especially)
    And finally - Smartphone Technology (iPhone Owner) ;)

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:22 PM

View PostRonald, on Apr 30 2009, 08:13 PM, said:

Casey
I got the Costco book today
I guess we will have to wait until 11 may to see this grill on the Costco website

Same here, came in today's mail. I haven't seen the Bond before this. They sure jump around with the brands at Costco! :D

Mike
"Grill der Steaks, Smoke dem Ribs and post yer Porn"
Grill Porn that is.. Remember - No Pix, It Didn't Happen!

2007 Kirkland Signature 100% 304 SS 720-0432 (Nexgrill origin)

Searing IR Burner, Rear IR Burner, 4 SS Main Burners, Side Cast Brass Burner, Oven
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2008 Kenmore Vertical Smoker, 1500BTU
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2007 Portable SS LP Grillware Tabletop Grill, 12,000BTU
2000 Weber "Go Anywhere" Charcoal Grill
Vintage 22" Weber Kettle

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Help support the BBQ Source Forums
Click here to make a donation


Lumix DMC-G5, (Lumix) 20mm f1.7 Prime, 14-42mm f3.5-5.6, 45-150mm f4.0-5.6, 100-300mm f4.0-5.6
0

#9 User is offline   Ronald 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 4,291
  • Joined: 30-May 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mid-Atlantic/Delmarva
  • Interests:
    Fishing, Cooking

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:10 AM

View Postcuskit, on Apr 30 2009, 10:22 PM, said:

Same here, came in today's mail. I haven't seen the Bond before this. They sure jump around with the brands at Costco! :D

Mike

Mike
Here's a stock tip.
Buy Costco stock.

They sent us a report on how they choose vendors and one of the things they said is that they look for overstock items and special sales to past the savings on to there customers.

If that grill is actually 304SS that would be an amazing price
SUPPORT THE BBQ SOURCE

2008 Weber Spirit SP320 + Weber Cast Iron Griddle
2014 Traeger Jr Smoker
2012 Char-griller Akorn Steel Kamado
Coleman Roadtrip Sport grill
Happy owner of a Great Outdoors Ironware Gas Grill A05714W(a CFM company) retired to brother in-law



Go RavensPosted Image


Super Bowl XXXV, XLVII CHAMPIONS
0

#10 User is offline   casey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Mates
  • Posts: 45
  • Joined: 22-April 09

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:34 AM

View PostRonald, on May 1 2009, 04:10 AM, said:

If that grill is actually 304SS that would be an amazing price


If there is any 304ss and if there is...how much of it. This grill is from a group formed between Bond Manufacturing and Lucas BBQ Co Ltd.

Here is an interesting article...

http://dev.jonesmedia.biz/story/260802

Since the bbq is made in China, I believe that it will be made out of 400 series stainless and not the 300.
Casey
Old School 22" Weber ... and Weber EP310 natural gas.
0

#11 User is offline   casey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Mates
  • Posts: 45
  • Joined: 22-April 09

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:24 PM

Here is the reply I got when I emailed Greg at the Bond-Lucas group regarding the Costco Bond bbq...

Product description

Model Number: GSC3218WA

Carton size: 37-3/8”(W) x 26-3/8”(D) x 33-7/8”(H)/95cm(W) x 67cm(D) x 86cm”(H).

N.W.: 67kg. G.W.: 76.5kg

Firebox size: 32”(W) x 18”(D). Porcelain stamped steel

Primary cooking size: 576 SQ. IN.

Secondary: 252 SQ. IN.

Total cooking surface: 828 SQ. IN.

Grate material: 4 PCs porcelain cast iron

Warming rack material: Porcelain steel wire (6mm)

BTU’s main burner: 12,000 x 4 = 48,000 BTU

Number of main burners & material: 4 PCs SS#202 tube

Side burner: 12,000 BTU. Cast brass insert

Heat shield material: 4 PCs porcelain stamped steel (0.8mm)

Ignition: Push & turn jet pilot ignition

Side shelf material: Dark brown color coated cast aluminum

Door: Dark brown color coated steel cover (0.6mm) and lining (0.5mm) dual walled w/ aluminum handle

Cart side panels: Dark brown color coated steel (0.5mm)

Cart back panel: Dark brown color coated steel (0.6mm)

Cart lower panel: Dark brown color coated steel (0.8mm)

Hood construction: SS#304 (0.7mm) center w/ stamped steel (0.5mm) lining dual walled center w/ dark brown color coated cast aluminum end caps and SS#201 handle

Control Panel: Dark brown color coated steel (0.8mm)

Knob: 5 PCs pewter color coated zinc alloy knob

Other Components or Features: 2 rigid casters & 2 swivel casters w/ locks. Round shape thermometer. Cast aluminum Bond badge

...and after doing an Internet search on the model number, I see that it is a BBQTEK product.
http://www.bbqtek.co...uct.php?spc_btn
Casey
Old School 22" Weber ... and Weber EP310 natural gas.
0

#12 User is offline   Ronald 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 4,291
  • Joined: 30-May 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mid-Atlantic/Delmarva
  • Interests:
    Fishing, Cooking

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:53 PM

View Postcasey, on May 1 2009, 03:24 PM, said:

Here is the reply I got when I emailed Greg at the Bond-Lucas group regarding the Costco Bond bbq...

Product description

Model Number: GSC3218WA

Carton size: 37-3/8”(W) x 26-3/8”(D) x 33-7/8”(H)/95cm(W) x 67cm(D) x 86cm”(H).

N.W.: 67kg. G.W.: 76.5kg

Firebox size: 32”(W) x 18”(D). Porcelain stamped steel

Primary cooking size: 576 SQ. IN.

Secondary: 252 SQ. IN.

Total cooking surface: 828 SQ. IN.

Grate material: 4 PCs porcelain cast iron

Warming rack material: Porcelain steel wire (6mm)

BTU’s main burner: 12,000 x 4 = 48,000 BTU

Number of main burners & material: 4 PCs SS#202 tube

Side burner: 12,000 BTU. Cast brass insert

Heat shield material: 4 PCs porcelain stamped steel (0.8mm)

Ignition: Push & turn jet pilot ignition

Side shelf material: Dark brown color coated cast aluminum

Door: Dark brown color coated steel cover (0.6mm) and lining (0.5mm) dual walled w/ aluminum handle

Cart side panels: Dark brown color coated steel (0.5mm)

Cart back panel: Dark brown color coated steel (0.6mm)

Cart lower panel: Dark brown color coated steel (0.8mm)

Hood construction: SS#304 (0.7mm) center w/ stamped steel (0.5mm) lining dual walled center w/ dark brown color coated cast aluminum end caps and SS#201 handle

Control Panel: Dark brown color coated steel (0.8mm)

Knob: 5 PCs pewter color coated zinc alloy knob

Other Components or Features: 2 rigid casters & 2 swivel casters w/ locks. Round shape thermometer. Cast aluminum Bond badge

...and after doing an Internet search on the model number, I see that it is a BBQTEK product.
http://www.bbqtek.co...uct.php?spc_btn

Great job Casey
This info pushes this grill to the top of the dont buy list.
A 1 year warranty on all parts is just plain bad.
1 year on the burners wow
SUPPORT THE BBQ SOURCE

2008 Weber Spirit SP320 + Weber Cast Iron Griddle
2014 Traeger Jr Smoker
2012 Char-griller Akorn Steel Kamado
Coleman Roadtrip Sport grill
Happy owner of a Great Outdoors Ironware Gas Grill A05714W(a CFM company) retired to brother in-law



Go RavensPosted Image


Super Bowl XXXV, XLVII CHAMPIONS
0

#13 User is offline   casey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Mates
  • Posts: 45
  • Joined: 22-April 09

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

View PostRonald, on May 1 2009, 01:53 PM, said:

Great job Casey
This info pushes this grill to the top of the dont buy list.
A 1 year warranty on all parts is just plain bad.
1 year on the burners wow


Thanks. Thought I would just go to the source and email my question...really was not sure was getting a reply. After researching the other bbqtek products, this grill is definitely at the top of the do not buy list. I really like Costco but am disappointed if they start pushing this junk.
Casey
Old School 22" Weber ... and Weber EP310 natural gas.
0

#14 User is offline   bamboofisher 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Masters
  • Posts: 105
  • Joined: 12-April 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yreka, CA

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:16 PM

View PostRonald, on May 1 2009, 03:53 PM, said:

Great job Casey
This info pushes this grill to the top of the dont buy list.
A 1 year warranty on all parts is just plain bad.
1 year on the burners wow


Not only that but you can't even look at it in person since the coupon says it's only available at costco.com. Definitely one to pass on.........

Brian
Brian

Weber Genesis EP-320 (2010 model), Weber 22.5 OTG (black), Weber Smokey Joe, Chargriller Super-Pro, Perfect Flame 36" gas smoker.
0

#15 User is offline   casey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Mates
  • Posts: 45
  • Joined: 22-April 09

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:58 AM

View Postbamboofisher, on May 1 2009, 09:16 PM, said:

Not only that but you can't even look at it in person since the coupon says it's only available at costco.com. Definitely one to pass on.........

Brian


Good point Brian. That must be the reason why it is only being offered online and not in the stores...

Casey
Casey
Old School 22" Weber ... and Weber EP310 natural gas.
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users