Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is the expected Maximum Temperature New Grill - Low Maximum Temperature

#1 User is offline   Mountainjack 

• Pip
  • Group: Grill Mates

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:52 PM

I tried to burn off any residual oils in my new Genesis E-310 today and the maximum temperature was 400 degrees. ;) This was after all 3 burners set to high burning for well over 30 minutes. This seems to be very low. I would have expected it to be 600+ degrees after that length of time on high. Am I unreasonable in my expections?

#2 User is offline   richlife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Masters
  • Interests:
    Woodworking, my daughter's family (2 grandsons), my wife of 44 years, the grilling/smoking life, Affenpinshers Dante (my Tonto) and Mia (who after 2 years still don't trust NOBODY :<), Tar Heel sports, music and home theater.

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:22 AM

View PostMountainjack, on May 17 2010, 11:52 PM, said:

I tried to burn off any residual oils in my new Genesis E-310 today and the maximum temperature was 400 degrees. :) This was after all 3 burners set to high burning for well over 30 minutes. This seems to be very low. I would have expected it to be 600+ degrees after that length of time on high. Am I unreasonable in my expections?

Something is not right. Three things to check: 1) do you have a near empty propane tank? (or is the valve only slightly opened?).
2) Under the burner control knob there is a small rubber gasket that should be lined up with the little indented ring on the valve stem. If not, it could conceivably interfer with the burners being set to full.
3) Is your drip tray all the way in? There are guides for the tray at each side with a little bump at the front side. The tray should be seated PASSED the bumps.

If that's ok, go to weber.com and check the FAQs for grills not heating sufficiently to see if they have anything. If no help, call Weber Customer Support.

I have the Genesis E-310. Out of the box, you should get temps at least in the 550* - 600* range -- and within 15 minutes. If not, something is wrong. At this point, I get 400* with all three burners set on LOW. Rich
DID YOU KNOW?: To see ALL recent BBQ Source posts since your last visit, click on "View New Content" at the top of the page.
If this post was fun or helpful, consider a donation to The BBQ Source .

UNC Tar Heel '69, '75 -- Retired computer guy, Woodworker/carver
- Weber Genesis EP-330 (Brick Red) w/ SS cabinet and table extensions, 18.5 Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker (2010 Model) / WSM Egg

#3 User is offline   Ronald 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:
    Fishing, Cooking

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:38 AM

View PostMountainjack, on May 17 2010, 11:52 PM, said:

I tried to burn off any residual oils in my new Genesis E-310 today and the maximum temperature was 400 degrees. :) This was after all 3 burners set to high burning for well over 30 minutes. This seems to be very low. I would have expected it to be 600+ degrees after that length of time on high. Am I unreasonable in my expections?

Your tank was open to far or the valve in the tank has an issue
The safety in the tank has tripped
That limits the grill to 300 to 400 degrees
SUPPORT THE BBQ SOURCE

2008 Weber Spirit SP320 + Weber Cast Iron Griddle
2012 Char-griller Akorn Steel Kamado
Coleman Roadtrip Sport grill
Happy owner of a Great Outdoors Ironware Gas Grill A05714W(a CFM company) retired to brother in-law

Go RavensPosted Image

Super Bowl XXXV, XLVII CHAMPIONS

#4 User is offline   richlife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:
    Woodworking, my daughter's family (2 grandsons), my wife of 44 years, the grilling/smoking life, Affenpinshers Dante (my Tonto) and Mia (who after 2 years still don't trust NOBODY :<), Tar Heel sports, music and home theater.

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

View PostRonald, on May 18 2010, 09:38 AM, said:

Your tank was open to far or the valve in the tank has an issue
The safety in the tank has tripped
That limits the grill to 300 to 400 degrees

Ah, yes -- I forgot about that one. And there is a Weber FAQ if you want the step-by-step restart procedure. Basically, close everything off, disconnect the tank, and reconnect making sure you wait several seconds before you reopen the control valves (and be sure the valves are closed when you open the tank valve). Rich
DID YOU KNOW?: To see ALL recent BBQ Source posts since your last visit, click on "View New Content" at the top of the page.

- Weber Genesis EP-330 (Brick Red) w/ SS cabinet and table extensions, 18.5 Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker (2010 Model) / WSM Egg

#5 User is offline   jowilker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:21 AM

View Postrichlife, on May 18 2010, 10:06 AM, said:

Ah, yes -- I forgot about that one. And there is a Weber FAQ if you want the step-by-step restart procedure. Basically, close everything off, disconnect the tank, and reconnect making sure you wait several seconds before you reopen the control valves (and be sure the valves are closed when you open the tank valve). Rich

I agree these new OPD tanks can cause issues.

With everything turned OFF, turn the valve open on the tank, "I would open it fully", then open your grill valves and mash the button.

My son had a tank that he could not get to work properly no matter how he tried it, and was able to get it exchanged at the big box store. The grill would work fine with a different tank.

John
In the cool quit still hours of night you can hear chineez steel rusting away.

#6 User is offline   Mountainjack 

• Pip
  • Group: Grill Mates

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

View Postrichlife, on May 18 2010, 09:06 AM, said:

Thank you for all the suggestions. I guess this was th problem as it is now working just fine. Heated to 575 degrees in 15 minutes. Got it burned in and seasoned. Ready to try some good ole Jalapeno burgers ;) tomorrow for it's maiden cook out.

#7 User is offline   Tubby's Smokehouse 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:
    Smoking/Grilling, Construction, Cross Country Racing, Billiards, Drummer.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

View PostMountainjack, on May 19 2010, 07:22 PM, said:

Thank you for all the suggestions. I guess this was th problem as it is now working just fine. Heated to 575 degrees in 15 minutes. Got it burned in and seasoned. Ready to try some good ole Jalapeno burgers :lol: tomorrow for it's maiden cook out.

Sounds like your off to the races Jack ;)
Ducane Meridian 5 Burner, IR Rotto, Dual Side Burners, Dual Electric Warming Drawers.
CookShack Amerique Electric Smoker.
Chargriller Pro Offset Smoker.
Charmglow IR Drop in Sear Burner
New Braunfels Fire Box.

Visit Don And The Gang Here At The Source on Facebook
http://www.facebook....103762139697620

#8 User is offline   richlife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:46 AM

View PostMountainjack, on May 19 2010, 10:22 PM, said:

Thank you for all the suggestions. I guess this was th problem as it is now working just fine. Heated to 575 degrees in 15 minutes. Got it burned in and seasoned. Ready to try some good ole Jalapeno burgers :unsure: tomorrow for it's maiden cook out.

Now isn't that a satisfying, comforting sight?!! Jalapeno burgers! Please PM address and directions. Rich

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users