• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cleaning your Masterbuilt Smoker (MES)

#1 User is offline   gunksny 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Masters

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

I just broke out the MES after way too long a hiatus. Looked like there was a little mold on the side rack guides and old grease along the back floor under the pan. I used a scrub sponge and a bucket of water and bleach to wipe everything down and putty knife to scrape the bottom.

Before I smoked 2 pork shoulders, I lined the floor, and interior and exterior drip pans with foil. Since I smoked the shoulders fat side down directly on the shelves, you can imagine the mess that was left on the shelves, and on top of the smoker/heater element.

I did pulled all the foil out, did a quick wipedown and tried to chip/scrape/wipe the bigger chunks of gunk off and out. The shelves I'll soak and put in the DW.

How do you guys clean your smokers if you know you may not use it for a few months (a crime I know ...) ?

#2 User is offline   Eric V 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Masters
  • Interests:
    All sports

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:48 PM

View Postgunksny, on Sep 9 2010, 01:06 PM, said:

I just broke out the MES after way too long a hiatus. Looked like there was a little mold on the side rack guides and old grease along the back floor under the pan. I used a scrub sponge and a bucket of water and bleach to wipe everything down and putty knife to scrape the bottom.

Before I smoked 2 pork shoulders, I lined the floor, and interior and exterior drip pans with foil. Since I smoked the shoulders fat side down directly on the shelves, you can imagine the mess that was left on the shelves, and on top of the smoker/heater element.

I did pulled all the foil out, did a quick wipedown and tried to chip/scrape/wipe the bigger chunks of gunk off and out. The shelves I'll soak and put in the DW.

How do you guys clean your smokers if you know you may not use it for a few months (a crime I know ...) ?

I wouldn't know...I haven't cleaned mine since I have owned it...around 7 years now!

Since you had stuff growing in it, I'd just run it on high for an hour.
Eric V
"It's all part of the plan"
Ducane Affinity 4400 4400 Review
Weber Q 200 with cart
Masterbilt 7 in one Smoker
Bayou Turkey Fryer
2012 Dodge Durango "CREW HEMI"
Visit My Website
1991 Mako 210 Walk Around "Tee-Time"
Visit Erics Blog Here

#3 User is offline   Ronald 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:
    Fishing, Cooking

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

View Postgunksny, on Sep 9 2010, 01:06 PM, said:

Now that you have wiped the gunk down as you put it
You have to re-season your smoker
SUPPORT THE BBQ SOURCE

2008 Weber Spirit SP320 + Weber Cast Iron Griddle
2014 Traeger Jr Smoker
2012 Char-griller Akorn Steel Kamado
Coleman Roadtrip Sport grill
Happy owner of a Great Outdoors Ironware Gas Grill A05714W(a CFM company) retired to brother in-law

Go RavensPosted Image

Super Bowl XXXV, XLVII CHAMPIONS

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users