Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BHG deluxe gas grill

#1 User is offline   Quock 

• Pip
  • Group: Grill Mates

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

I was at the local Wal-Mart tonight looking around their grill section and noticed a Better Homes and Garden deluxe gas grill. (BHG) I have never heard or seen a grill from BHG, and was wondering if anyone has any information about them. I'm looking to get a somewhat inexpensive grill, and this one caught my eye. Can anyone tell me about it? I've googled it and cant find anything on it. I even tried Wal-Mart.com and nothing came up.

Thanks in advance!

Quock

#2 User is offline   underthehood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Grill Masters
  • Interests:
    Fishing, Cooking/Grillin' and Chillin', Wrenching on cars, Finding bargains. Enjoying my grand son.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

It's just another Chinese Walmart POC. Don't waste your $$$$ or your time.
Weber Owner
Summit 450, Genesis II (red top), Q220 (Red Top), Big Joe, 22" Kettle, Q140Electric (gave to dad), Ducane 2004, Wolf BBQ 36C

#3 User is offline   Ronald 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:
    Fishing, Cooking

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:42 AM

View PostQuock, on 26 February 2011 - 10:12 PM, said:

I was at the local Wal-Mart tonight looking around their grill section and noticed a Better Homes and Garden deluxe gas grill. (BHG) I have never heard or seen a grill from BHG, and was wondering if anyone has any information about them. I'm looking to get a somewhat inexpensive grill, and this one caught my eye. Can anyone tell me about it? I've googled it and cant find anything on it. I even tried Wal-Mart.com and nothing came up.

Thanks in advance!

Quock

Quock
There is a reason you have never seen a BHG grill
Run from it
Since everyone has a different idea of cheap I will answer this as you meaning low cost. You dont want cheap under any circumstances.
For under $400 the best grill you can get is one of the suppose to be portable grills

If you want a grill to just grill on then look at a Coleman Roatrip or a Weber Q

The Roadtrip starts at about $175 is 2 burner and will last 6 or 7 years with no problem
If you want a grill with a taller lid then look at a Weber Q 200 series or 300. You will get at least 6 or 7 years out of these also.

You may also want to look at the Chargriller Duo grill
SUPPORT THE BBQ SOURCE

2008 Weber Spirit SP320 + Weber Cast Iron Griddle
2012 Char-griller Akorn Steel Kamado
Coleman Roadtrip Sport grill
Happy owner of a Great Outdoors Ironware Gas Grill A05714W(a CFM company) retired to brother in-law

Go RavensPosted Image

Super Bowl XXXV, XLVII CHAMPIONS

#4 User is offline   Nightgriller 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:06 AM

I was also checking this grill out tonight at Walmart, can't find anything anywhere about it. It has a nice heavy hood, stainless cooking grate and even comes with a rotisserie. Out of all the cheap grills there this was definitely the nicest.

I also own the Chargriller Duo grill, great grill if you spring for the cast iron grates. I wish I would have just bought the single 3001 and put the side firebox on it (the duo is really big and I rarely use gas and charcoal at the same time).

If I could do it all over again I would have bought a used gas stainless Weber off crags list and a new Weber Smokey Mountain.

Edit: Found this "BBQTek Enterprises makes a number of grills, mostly under other peoples names. These grills get sold at Bond, Better Homes and Garden (BHG), BBQ Grillware, and Perfect Flame. As a Chinese gas grill importer, BBQTek is very interested in putting grills in stores that people will think are better than they actually are. Obviously this one was made to look like the copper edition of the Weber Genesis and may find itself sitting on the same floor with that grill, just to try and confuse you."

Link

#5 User is offline   that1guy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:
    Grilling, smoking, iRacing, music, movies.

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

As for a cheaper grill. I have a couple of friends that have this one and they like it.

http://www.acehardwa...2598559.1260262

But the weber Q's are very nice little grills.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users